Our Strength comes from Our Volunteers
Without the support of our many wonderful volunteers, our programs would not be as successful as they are. If you are interested in any of the volunteer programs below, please call our office or print the volunteer application form and mail or fax it to us. We would love to hear from you!
As a volunteer providing services to clients of Community Care for Central Hastings, you can expect that:
- You will be treated with dignity and respect
- You will be treated as a co-worker
- You will have the support of other volunteers and paid staff
- You will be given a suitable assignment with consideration for personal preference, skills and education.
- You may request help if a job is too large or strenuous.
- You will receive guidance and direction.
- Your comments and concerns regarding working conditions or clients, will be addressed by your supervisor.
- You will be heard, have a part in planning and be shown respect for your opinion.
- You will be appreciated and recognized for your service.
- Your personal information will be kept confidential.
- You will work in a safe environment. You may refuse to do any task that you feel to be unsafe.
As a Community Care volunteer you have the responsibility to:
- Be sincere in the offer of the service.
- Be loyal to Community Care for Central Hastings.
- Maintain the dignity and integrity of the agency.
- Maintain the standards of confidentiality regarding agency or client information.
- Understand your volunteer role.
- Carry out the duties promptly regarding agency or client information.
- Participate in orientation and ongoing training.
- Accept the guidelines and decisions of your supervisor.
- Refer clients to the office if they contact you directly for service.
- Collect specified fees from clients and remit according to agency policy.
- Decline all offers of money over the scheduled fee.